The Mesh is made of 316 Marine Grade Stainless Steel which is powder coated black
The Sash (Frame) is made of Aircraft Grade (6063-T5) Aluminum which is powder coated in one of nine colors
- Single Hinged Doors
- Double Hinged Doors
- Single Sliding Doors
- Double Sliding Doors
- Three Panel Sliding Doors
- Four Panel Sliding Doors
There are three types of security window screens
1) Quick Escape Window Screens – used for emergency egress and washing the windows. They feature a release on the inside of the room.
2) Keyed Locking Window Screens – used to secure fixed window panels while allowing the screen to be opened
3) Fixed Window Screens – used on windows that open from the inside such as side lights or windows in the living room, dining room or kitchen
Black, because this is the color your eye can see thru
There are NINE standard colors to choose from with another 80 colors available for an additional fee
- Sahara Brown
- Light Gray
- Sahara Gray
NO, there are no security screen doors that are break-in proof. Our security screen doors are designed to keep a burglar from gaining easy access to your house. If they try to break in, they are going to make a lot of noise which they do not like because it calls attention to their activities. If there is too much work involved they will leave, because the longer they are outside your home the more chance they have of being spotted and the police called.
Yes, the provide amazing air-flow especially when you open up your front door and back door.
Yes, there are two warranties
1) A One-Year warranty on the door mechanics – hinges, locks, handle and rollers.
2) A Ten-Year warranty on the mesh and sash against rust, corrosion or peeling.
Not covered under the warranty is normal wear and tear or if the door is damaged in any way.
For our hinged security screen doors, a Schlage compatible lock is used.
For our sliding security screen doors, a Kwikset compatible lock is used.
Most installations are surface mounted meaning they are installed over the stucco molding or wood trim and tied into the framing of the house. Security screws are used and they are hidden by a cap cover.
Since all orders are custom made, they take 2-4 weeks for fabricate the doors. From January to April and from September to December the turnaround time is approximately 2-3 weeks. From May to August the turnaround time is 3-4 weeks.
It typically takes between 1-2 hours to install a security screen door and 20-40 minutes to install a security window screen.
Yes, they are manufactured in Vernon, California by CRL Security Screen which a division of C.R. Laurence Co.
1) Since they are made from powder coated marine grade stainless steel and powder coated aircraft grade aluminum, they DO NOT rust or corrode, like an iron door.
2) Low maintenance – just wipe the door off with a wet rag.